I driver Catalyst 11.6 appena rilasciati da AMD, includono tutti i miglioramenti già presentati nell’hotfix ai driver 11.5, in più introducono alcune nuove funzioni grafiche dedicate alle ultime GPU Radeon e miglioramenti prestazionali vari.
Tra le nuove funzioni la più importante è la Steady Video, si tratta di una funzione esclusiva che sfrutta la tecnologia APP di AMD permettendo di applicare algoritmi avanzati ai video, eliminando il tremolio dovuto ai movimenti della telecamera.
AMD Steady Video
- Steady Video is currently an AMD exclusive feature based on AMD APP Technology
- By applying advanced algorithms behind the scenes, users do not have to deal with shaky or unstable video ever again!
- Capabilities scale with hardware and are end user controlled
- Image Stabilization brought to YouTube!
Enabled through the AMD Vision Engine Control Center: Video Settings tab:
- AMD Steady Video is supported on the following products:
AMD Raedon HD 6000 Series when used in combination with an AMD CPU
AMD E-450 and E300
AMD A8, A6, and A4 series
- Supported in the following 3rd party players: Adobe Flash player, Windows Media player, Cyberlink PowerDVD, Corel Win DVD, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater
Decode Acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content
- AMD has enabled decode acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content in Microsoft video player applications (through MFT support) for all AMD Radeon 6000 Series
- The AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series of products will see the following performance gains:
- Dirt 2 – gains of up to 5% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
- F1 2010 – gains of up to 7% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Tom Clancy’s Hawx – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU
- Crysis Warhead – gains of up to 6% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
- Unigine OpenGL – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations